Dr Piotr Omenzetter
Piotr graduated with a ME from Technical University of Gdansk, Poland. He then obtained his PhD from The University of Tokyo, Japan for a study on aerodynamics of long span bridges. Piotr later stayed on in Asia working as a postdoctoral researcher at The University of Tokyo and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. It was then that he developed strong interest in dynamic testing and structural health monitoring, which remain the main thrusts of his research activities. He then worked as a lecturer at The University of Auckland, New Zealand, and moved subsequently to The University of Aberdeen’s Lloyd’s Register Foundation Centre for Safety and Reliability Engineering.
Computer Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (on the journal’s roster of conscientious reviewers for quality of reviews)
Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing
Smart Materials and Structures
Journal of Fluids and Structures
Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures
Applied Mathematical Modelling
International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics
Automation in Construction
Journal of Sound and Vibration
Structural Health Monitoring
Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics
Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, ASCE
Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE
Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design
The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings
Structure and Infrastructure Engineering
Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE
Structural Engineering and Mechanics
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Journal of Infrastructure Systems
Advances in Structural Engineering
IBM Journal of Research and Development
Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring
Australasian Journal of Engineering Education
Advances in Civil Engineering
Bulletin of the New Zealand Society of Earthquake Engineering
- Wind turbines, off-shore and subsea structures, bridges, buildings, floors.
- Structural health, condition and performance monitoring and damage detection (instrumentation of full scale structures and systems, methods of data analysis and interpretation, optimal data collection, quantifying the value of monitoring information).
- Theoretical and experimental structural dynamics (full scale dynamic testing, system identification, model updating, fluid-structure interaction, soil-structure interaction, vehicle-structure interaction, human induced vibrations, numerical methods).
- Reliability analysis.
- Engineering decision making under uncertain conditions.
- Quantitative risk assessment (off-shore and subsea structures and systems, wind turbines, bridges and transportation systems).
- Asset structural integrity management (off-shore and subsea structures and systems, wind turbines, bridges and transportation systems)
- Engineering optimisation (wind farms).
- Earthquake engineering (full scale instrumentation, damage prediction and detection).
- Artificial intelligence and signal processing (big data, deep learning, data analytics, time series analysis, evolutionary computation algorithms, neural networks, wavelets).
- Structural control and smart structures (wind farms, bridges).
EG5056 Structural Dynamics 2
EG5559 Structural Dynamics (MSc Oil & Gas Structural Engineering)
EG551A Reassessment of Existing Structures by Structural Relibility Analysis (MSc Oil & Gas Structural Engineering)
EG5565 MEng Group Design
Page 1 of 18 Results 1 to 10 of 174
Structural damage detection in offshore risers using a distance metric learning algorithmContributions to Conferences: Papers
Modal systems identification of an eleven-span concrete motorway off-ramp bridge using various excitationsEngineering Structures, vol. 229, 111604Contributions to Journals: Articles
Experimental modelling of a top-tensioned riser for vibration-based damage detectionEngineering Structures, vol. 223, 111139Contributions to Journals: Articles
Modal parameter identification of a multiple-span post-tensioned concrete bridge using hybrid vibration testing dataEngineering Structures, vol. 219, 110953Contributions to Journals: Articles
A case study in quantifying the economic benefit of a live strain monitoring campaign for a short-span pre-stressed concrete bridgeContributions to Conferences: Papers
Comparison of damage sensitivities of autoregressive coefficients and natural frequencies for structural health monitoring of a top tensioned riserContributions to Conferences: Papers
Damage severity assessment of a laboratory wind turbine blade using virus optimisation algorithmContributions to Conferences: Papers
Experimental ambient vibration-based structural health monitoring in top-tensioned risersChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Sequential projection pursuit for optimized vibration-based damage detection in an experimental wind turbine bladeSmart Materials & Structures, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 1-9Contributions to Journals: Articles
Comparison of two optimization algorithms for fuzzy finite element model updating for damage detection in a wind turbine bladeChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings