Dr Mingjun Zhong
Memberships and Affiliations
- Internal Memberships
- Currently I am serving as an Exam Officer and a Tutor.
- External Memberships
- I serve as an Associate Editor for the journal Neural Processing Letters.
- I serve as a Review Editor for the journal Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics (Statistics section).
- I am a FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy)
- I review grants for multiple funding bodies, a variety of international journals and several prestigious machine learning and artifial intellegence conferences.
My research interests are mainly (application-driven) machine learning and computational statistics. My research mission is to understand patterns and phenomena observed in real-world data by devising probabilistic and statistical machine learning methodologies.
Current ResearchCurrently I am working on the following application domains and inferential machine learning algorithms:
- Health care data.
- Non-intrusive load monitoring (energy disaggregation).
- Spectroscopy data.
- EEG and fMRI.
- Variational inference
- Markov chain Monte Carlo
- High-dimentional inference
- Variance reduction
- Intractable likelihood models
- Bayesian matrix factorization
I am teaching the following courses (20/21):
- CS4048/5059 Robotics
- CS5062 Machine Learning
- CS551J Knowlege Representation and Reasoning
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 15
Using Artificial Intelligence to Revolutionise the Patient Care Pathway in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (ARCHERY): Protocol for the Development of a Clinical Prediction ModelJMIR Research Protocols, vol. 11, no. 5, e37092Contributions to Journals: Articles
Interpretation and Reporting of Predictive or Diagnostic Machine Learning Research in Trauma & OrthopaedicsBone and Joint Journal, vol. 103B, no. 12, pp. 1754-1758Contributions to Journals: Articles
面向变电设备金属锈蚀检测的分层嵌套标注方法Journal of Southeast University (English Edition), vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 350-355Contributions to Journals: Articles
The IDEAL household energy dataset, electricity, gas, contextual sensor data and survey data for 255 UK homesScientific Data, vol. 8, no. 1, 146Contributions to Journals: Articles
A Lightweight Neural Network for Energy Disaggregation Employing Depthwise Separable ConvolutionChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Load Disaggregation Based on Sequence-to-point Network with Unsupervised Pre-trainingChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Lightweight Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring Employing Pruned Sequence-to-Point LearningChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
AREA: An adaptive reference-set based evolutionary algorithm for multiobjective optimisationInformation Sciences, vol. 515, pp. 365-387Contributions to Journals: Articles
Transfer Learning for Non-Intrusive Load MonitoringIEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1419-1429Contributions to Journals: Articles
Neural Control Variates for Monte Carlo Variance ReductionChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings