BA(Hons), MBA, FCA, CA
Lindsay Tibbetts is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA) and member of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of Scotland (ICAS). She was appoint Director of Student Experience within the School in Sept 2021. Prior to this she was Deputy Dean of the University of Aberdeen Business School 2018-2021, programme leader for the undergraduate Accountancy and Accountancy and Finance programmes, and programme accreditation lead.
She obtained her first degree in Modern Studies from Coventry (Lanchester) Polytechnic, before training as a Chartered Accountant and later obtaining an MBA from the University of Birmingham. Having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in practice she moved into a series of European internal audit roles including:
- Deloitte LLP, Audit Manager, Internal audit & Practice Protection group based in London
- Exel Logistics Ltd, Senior Audit Manager EMEA,
- Cookson Plastic Mouldings (Europe) Ltd, Financial Controller
- Dalgety Plc, Senior Audit Manager
The Internal audit roles gave her extensive experience of:
- Risk management
- Corporate Governance
- Due diligence
- Internal control and operational effectiveness
She trained and completed her probationary year as a primary teacher before moving into higher education in 2010 as Teaching Fellow/Lecturer in the Business School and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2015.
Her technical and research interests are audit, risk management, corporate governance and accounting education with a specific focus on auditing education.
She was a Senate member for a number of years and elected to Court in 2019 before stepping down in 2022.
- BA Hons Modern Studies1984 - Coventry (Lanchester) Polytechnic
- MBA Masters in Business Adminstration2004 - University of Birmingham
- FCA Accountancy and Audit1989 - ICAEW
- PGDE Primary Education2009 - University of Aberdeen
- SFHEA Education2021 - HEA
- Course Coordinator: AC3560 Audit Practice
- Course Coordinator: AC4035 Audit theory and Evolution
- Part of the Teaching team:BU5031 Accounting
- Dissertation supervisor AC4528
- Qatar Equivalents
Programme Leader for Accountancy (Until 1st August 2018)
Lectured and tutored on
- AC1011 Accounting and Accountability
- AC1515 Accounting & Entrepreneurship
- AC2530 Financial Accounting 2
- BU5031 Accounting
- BU5574 Financial statement Analysis and International Accounting
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Dissertations