Mrs Lindsay Tibbetts
BA(Hons), MBA, FCA, CA
Senior Lecturer (Scholarship)
Lindsay Tibbetts is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA) and was appointed Deputy Dean of the University of Aberdeen Business School from August 2018. Prior to this she was programme leader for the undergraduate Accountancy and Accountancy and Finance programmes, programme accreditation lead and leader of the business school Induction event. She obtained her first degree in Modern Studies from Coventry (Lanchester) Polytechnic, before training as a Chartered Accountant and later obtaining an MBA from the University of Birmingham. Having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in practice she moved into a series of European internal audit roles including:
- Deloitte LLP, Audit Manager, Internal audit & Practice Protection group based in London
- Exel Logistics Ltd, Senior Audit Manager EMEA,
- Cookson Plastic Mouldings (Europe) Ltd, Financial Controller
- Dalgety Plc, Senior Audit Manager
The Internal audit roles gave her extensive experience of:
- Risk management
- Corporate Governance
- Due diligence
- Internal control and operational effectiveness
She trained and completed her probationary year as a primary teacher before moving into higher education in 2010 as Teaching Fellow/Lecturer in the Business School and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2015.
Her technical and research interests are risk management, corporate governance and accounting education with a specific focus on auditing education.
In September 2018 she became Deputy Head of the Business School.
She was elected as a Senate Assessor to Court in 2019.
- Course Coordinator: AC3557 Auditing
- Course Coordinator: BU5850 Professional Accounting
- AC2530 Financial accounting 2
- AC3049 Financial accounting 3
- Qatar Equivalents
Programme Leader for Accountancy (Until 1st August 2018)
Lectured and tutored on
- AC1011 Accounting and Accountability
- AC1515 Accounting & Entrepreneurship
- AC2530 Financial Accounting 2
- BU5031 Accounting
- BU5574 Financial statement Analysis and International Accounting
- Undergarduate and Postgraduate Dissertations