- General Study Spaces
Group Study Area
The study area on the Ground Floor may be used for group discussion and collaborative work.
The bookable Project Rooms on Floor 1 and the Ground Floor are available for group work and can be booked by students. Please see below for details of the spaces and how to book them
Project Room 1 (Ground Floor) is equipped with
- 2 tables and chairs to accomodate up to 8 people
- Theatre style seating to accomodate up to 40
- Networked pc, data projector and screen
- 6 addititional networked pcs
- White board
Project Room 2 (Floor 1)
- 2 tables to accomodate up to 8 people
- Further soft seating around the perimeter of the room to accomodate 11 people
- Networked pc, data projector and plasma screen
- White board
- The rooms are not bookable for individual study, but may be used by individuals if not booked
- The rooms are for use by University of Aberdeen staff and students
- Bookings can be made for periods during normal library opening hours
- A group should consist of at least 2 people
- Booking slots consist of a maximum of 2 hours and may not be booked for consecutive periods
- If the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the start of booking, it may be released to another group.
- The rooms should be vacated 5 minutes before the end of your booking period
How to book a Project Room
The open floor area on Floor 2 is intended for quiet, individual study but quiet conversation is allowed
Comfortable soft seating is available on Floor 1 to the right of the Issue Desk. This area is ideal for individual reading, personal laptop use, and for conversation and group discussion.
There are lockable Research Rooms on Floor 3. These are available for a 3-month period to research postgraduate students and staff, for research or writing up. There are three single rooms and three double rooms available.
Applications should be made by email to Rebecca Hankinson. If you are a postgraduate student, we will need a letter/email of recommendation from your supervisor. All applications, from staff or students, should state the reasons for wanting the use of a research room and a returnable deposit is payable in every case.
Contact Issue Desk between 09:30-16:30 Mon-Fri for further information:
- Silent Study Spaces
The whole of Floor 3 is a totally silent working area. There is a PC cluster and a computer classroom equipped with a networked printer on this floor.