Referencing & Citing
Our team of Information Consultants offers advice and support in referencing and citing for staff involved in teaching and research. We are happy to discuss threaded workshops within your courses, and you can also direct students to our free generic library skills workshops.
We offer the following:
- Find it Fast! workshops on using our reference management software, RefWorks and writing up. These workshops are free, last one hour and are held regularly between 12 noon and 2pm over the first and second half-sessions. Students can book a place via the online Coursebooking system.
- Researcher Development workshops for research postgraduates on using RefWorks offered as part of the Researcher Development programme. Workshops last between 1½ and 3 hours and places can be booked by students via the online Coursebooking system.
- Workshops designed for PGT students wishing to refresh their skills or learn more about RefWorks. These workshops are part of our Refresher sessions held later in the academic session and last between 1½ and 3 hours. When available, they can be booked online via the online Coursebooking system.
- One to one appointment with an Information Consultant to troubleshoot problems, discuss the suitability of RefWorks and creation of School-specific citation styles using the software.
We endeavour to have the courses available on the booking system around the start of teaching in late September and again in early February each year.
Help and advice
- Visit the Student Learning Service site for advice and workshops held in conjunction with the Library on how to avoid plagiarism.
- Library Guides on RefWorks