- Applications for the DPLP will open on 24th February with a closing date of 16th April.
- Offers will go out on 30th June for acceptance by 7th July.
- Students may apply to three of the six institutions but may only accept an offer from one. Any student who accepts more than one offer will have all offers withdrawn.
- Aberdeen will offer 70 places on the DPLP in 2021/22.
- Download the DPLP application form and accompanying Guidance Notes - please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Aberdeen graduates must have passed the following courses:
- Legal System
- Legal Method
- Criminal Law
- Foundations of Private Law
- Public Law and Human Rights
- Delict and Unjustified Enrichment
- EU Institutions and Law
- The Law of Property
- Family Law
- Commercial Organisations & insolvency
- Succession and Trusts
- Introduction to Legal Theory
- Commercial and Consumer Contracts
Less recent graduates of the University of Aberdeen, graduates of other institutions and those who have taken the Law Society of Scotland Exams as a pre-Diploma trainee, should produce evidence of passes in equivalent areas.
Admission will be based on and take consideration of:
- Overall class of undergraduate degree
- Marks obtained in the Law Society’s professional subjects at first sitting
- Overall number of subjects not achieved at undergraduate level
- Any other qualifications (undergraduate and/or postgraduate)
- Special circumstances
- Possession of a traineeship
This information is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen