Regular givers to the University of Aberdeen Development Trust greatly benefit future career of postgraduate student.
Postgraduate student Shakwa Nyambe from Namibia, who is currently studying for a Degree of Master of Laws in Oil & Gas Law with Professional Skills, was able to attend and present at the prestigious International Student Energy Summit in Mexico last week thanks to support from regular donors to the University of Aberdeen.
The biennial event is an internationally-recognised global forum that focuses on sustainable resource management and the role that students will play in defining the future of energy development.
It targets students from around the world undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate studies who are interested in the energy sector. Shakwa was one of 50 students, among 800 delegates, chosen to present at the event.
Of his experience, Shakwa said "I am very thankful to the University of Aberdeen Development Trust and its donors for making it possible for me to attend the most globally diverse event available to students around the world studying energy-related subjects.
"As well as presenting and listening to presentations, I was able to take part in workshops tackling sustainable energy perspectives through innovations. I was able to network with delegates from different countries and leaders in the industry.
"My knowledge on ways to secure a sustainable energy future has been broadened and, as a future leader, I am now part of the movement to help transition the world towards a sustainable future."
Fundraising income for student experience and scholarships at the University is channelled through the University of Aberdeen Development Trust which is a charity registered in Scotland no SC002938. The Trust raises essential funds to support much of the University’s activities such as vital medical research as well as supporting students through the provision of scholarships, bursaries, experiences and facilities. Funding from alumni, individuals, companies, organisations and the community is essential to provide life-changing support for students as well as many other activities.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010