As a student of the University of Aberdeen there are a number of opportunities to spend a year or semester studying of your undergraduate degree at our International Exchange partners in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea or the USA! These opportunities are once in a lifetime and, with the opportunity to grow academically and personally, can be a very important part of your university experience.
Who would this option suit?
- International Exchange is only possible as an undergraduate student at Level 2 and Level 3. Please note that some subjects do not permit Level 3 exchange, or will only allow students to study abroad for a single semester. Check with the Go Abroad Tutor for your subject/s for restrictions.
In order to apply, students should
- have an overall C average, and be on track to achieve
- 120 Credit points at the end of 1st year AND/OR
- 240 Credit points at the end of 2nd year
- have the support of your Go Abroad Tutor/s (you don't need to request this in advance - they will be contacted as part of the application process)
Important points to note
- There is normally a single application deadline (in January), regardless of whether you plan to commence your exchange in September or January.
How to search
Please browse our list of international partnerships below, ordered alphabetically by country.
Most of these are open to students from all subject disciplines (with the exception of Medicine and Dentistry) provided that you can find suitable courses taught in English that meet the requirements of your degree programme.
Where these are restricted to one or two subjects, or we know these destinations to be unsuitable for certain degree programmes, we have noted this, though this list is not exhaustive.
Find out more about applying for International Exchange on our How to Apply page, including tips for narrowing down your options.
- Hong Kong
*Very limited number of courses offered in English.
*Suitable for degrees in Engineering only.
- South Africa
*Suitable for degrees in Law only.
- South Korea