The University of Aberdeen is pleased to offer a 10% discount on the full cost of an online short course for University of Aberdeen staff.
To be eligible for this discount, staff must be under a current contract of employment with the University.
Please note the following:
- It is not possible to apply the staff discount as well as another tuition fee discount or award provided by the University of Aberdeen. In the situation that you are eligible for a staff discount and have also been awarded another tuition fee discount or award from the University, you will receive whichever award is of greater value.
- The discount cannot be applied for retrospectively i.e. after you have already paid for a course.
- The discount applies only to the tuition fee element and does not apply to any additional costs.
- All short courses purchased directly through the On-demand Learning site are eligible for the staff discount.
- Online courses applied for through PGAP or purchased through the online store are not eligible for the staff discount.
- Upgrades on University of Aberdeen courses delivered on FutureLearn are not eligible for the staff discount.
- You do not need approval from your line manager to avail of the discount.
The staff discount code is ABDNStaff10.
You can apply this discount on the course page of the course you wish to study, or at checkout. To apply the code on the course page, click on the Discounts drop down menu. Enter the code and click Verify code.
Your discount will be applied automatically. If you are eligible for more than one discount, we will automatically apply the biggest discount to your fee.
This is valid for start dates between 1 August 2022 and 31 July 2023
31st of July 2023
Staff tuition fee policy
The University has a staff tuition fee policy that allows staff to apply for full payment of tuition fees for a programme or course if a training need has been identified and if the course/programme studied would ‘enhance the member of staff’s capacity to perform his other current or planned future duties within the University.’ You may wish to review that policy if the online course you wish to study is directly relevant to your job role and professional development.