Our researchers conduct a wide range of fundamental and applied research that has impact on many aspects of modern life. Our scientists translate their expertise into many spheres to advance science, inform policy, shape industry and help individuals.
We have summarised here some of the ways in which research conducted in the School has influenced these many spheres - including healthcare services, informing national and international policy and stimulating the economy.
- Combatting Alzheimer's - new drugs with great promise in the fight against neurodegeneration
- Sativex - Development of a licensed cannabis-based medicine
- New anti-inflammatory drugs for rheumatoid arthritis
- Feeding cattle yeast significantly improves growth and health
- Human therapeutics derived from sharks
- Generation of an antidepressant - Valdoxan
- You are what you eat - leading the development of healthy eating options
- Assessment and Management of Depression
- Better eye screening prevents blindness due to diabetes
- Combating Campylobacter
- Provexis-Fruitflow - keeping your blood flowing through thick and thin
- Assessing the foetal risk of allergy exposure during pregnancy