The non-academic and societal impact of SBS research was judged to be of "world leading" or "internationally excellent" standard in the last Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment.
Here you can watch and read about how several projects led by SBS researchers are making a real difference on the policy and practice of enviornmental management and conservation.
Research impact case studies
- Climate-friendly agriculture for policy makers and farmers
- The problem of arsenic and rice
- Carbon Calculating: Reshaping Public Policy for the Development of Scottish Windfarms
- Protecting marine mammal populations from off-shore energy developments
- Protecting the red-billed chough population of Scotland
- Minimising the impact of human activities on wild marine mammals
- Eradicating American mink and conserving the native water vole population