Dr Alejandra Rodriguez-Remedi
Dr Alejandra Rodriguez-Remedi
MEd, PgCert, PhD
Alejandra Rodríguez-Remedi trained as a teacher and educational researcher at the University of Concepción and went on to complete a PhD at Gray's School of Art. Her current research focuses on arts-based approaches to petroculture and the poetics of filmmaker Raúl Ruiz.
- PhD Arts2007 - The Robert Gordon University
- PgCert Research Methods2004 - The Robert Gordon University
- MEd Education2002 - Universidad de Concepción
- Licentiate (equivalent of BEd) Education1998 - Universidad de Concepción
Memberships and Affiliations
- Internal Memberships
George Washington Wilson Centre for Art and Visual Culture
LLMVC Cluster C
LLMVC Peer Support Research Group 4 (Environmental Group)
- External Memberships
Reflecting Oil: Arts-Based Research on Oil Transitionings (2019-24)
New Social Art School (2005-10)
- Arts-based approaches to petroculture.
- The poetics of filmmaker Raúl Ruiz.
- Film and exile.
- Film and dream.
- Film Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Latin American Society and Culture Studies
- Education Studies
Our research specialisms are based on the Higher Education Classification of Subjects (HECoS) which is HESA open data, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
Reflecting Oil: Arts-Based Research on Oil Transitionings (University of Applied Arts Vienna/Austrian Science Fund, 2019-2023).
Curricular innovation and educational reform in Chile (Universidad de Concepción/FONDECYT, 1998-2002).
The arts as means of cultural integration: A Chilean case study (The Robert Gordon University/ORS, 2002-2007).
Reflecting Oil Colloquium opening event
Welcome, performance, keynote and panel discussion (University of Applied Arts Vienna, 9 June 2022).
Q&A Masterclass with Mania Akbari (GWW Centre/Aberdeen City Council, 10 February 2020).
Reflecting Oil Colloquium panel discussion (University of Applied Arts Vienna/Austrian Science Fund, 9 June 2022).
Funding and Grants
- Premio Universidad de Concepción, 1998.
- Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORS) scholarship, 2002.
- Robert Gordon University Research Development Initiative (RDI) studentship, 2002.
- Society for Latin American Studies (SLAS) postgraduate conference bursary, 2004.
- Society for Latin American Studies (SLAS) postgraduate travel grant, 2004.
- Gray's Aberdeen Visual Artists Award (GAVAA), 2008.
- Austrian Science Fund's Programme for Arts-Based Research (PEEK), 2018.
Courses taught previously:
- FS40JA - The Shoot: Filming Drama (2009)
- FS5008 - Documentary and Visual Practice 1 (2009)
- FS2506/FS2507 - Cinema and Revolution/Visualising Revolution (2015-21)
- FS2003/FS2007 - Cinema and Modernity/Visualising Modernity (2015-20, & 2021 as course coordinator)
- FS30/40GG - Trapped on Film: The Hero and the Captivity Narrative (2018 & 2019 as course coordinator)
- FS35/45FD - Cinematic Cities (2019-21)
- FS5902 - Dissertation in Film and Visual Culture (2019-20)
- FS5022 - Research Methods in Film and Visual Culture (2019 and 2021)
- FS1508 - Introduction to Film and the Cinematic Experience (2020-2)
- FS35/4509 - Film and Dream (2020 as course coordinator)
- FS4002/FS4506 - Dissertation in Film and Visual Culture (2020-2)
- FS5527 - Projects in Film and Visual Culture (2020)
- EL5914 - Dissertation in Cultural and Creative Communication (2020-1)
Non-course Teaching Responsibilities
- Translation support and tutorial assistance for Prof. Raúl Ruiz (2007-9)
- Seminar tutor, FS35IB - On Documentary: history, theory and practice (3 March 2015)
- Undergraduate Open Day (Elphinstone Hall, 5 October 2019)
- Moderation, FS30/40GB - Panoptic Digital Culture (2019)
- Moderation, FS35/45ZF - Images Adequate to Our Predicament: Art for the Anthropocene (2020)
- Video caption editor, FS2007, FS2507, FS35/45FD and FS5022 (2021)
- Moderation, FS5032 - Work-Based Placement in FVC (2022)
- PGT personal tutor (2023)
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 18 of 18
Im Fokus: Reflecting OilEIKON - International Magazine for Photography and Media Art, vol. February 2023, no. 121, pp. 45Contributions to Journals: Articles
Raúl Ruiz, Speculative Bricoleur: Pedagogical and Televisual RupturesRaúl Ruiz's Cinema of Inquiry. López-Vicuña, I., Marinescu, A. (eds.). Wayne State University Press, pp. 69-94, 26 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
- [ONLINE] https://muse.jhu.edu/book/57065
Evaluación de escuelas participantes en los Programas 900 Escuelas y Básica Rural en la Octava Región, ChileEdiciones Facultad de Educación de la Universidad de Concepción, Concepción. 137 pagesBooks and Reports: Books
Through a glass, darkly: Visualisation, revelation and reflection in Ernst Logar’s Invisible OilInvisible Oil. Logar, E. (ed.). Springer, pp. 47-69, 23 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Ruizian ruptures of the mainstream: Chilean television and British film studiesContributions to Conferences: Papers
Cofralandes: A Formative Space for Chilean IdentityVisual Synergies in Fiction and Documentary Film from Latin America. Haddu, M., Page, J. (eds.). Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 87-103, 17 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Ruiz and the critical mainstreamContributions to Conferences: Papers
Ruizian bricolage as philosophical approximationContributions to Conferences: Papers
The Student Protest Movement and Teacher Education in Chile, 2006-2008Interactive Discourse: International Online Journal of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 62-76Contributions to Journals: Articles
'Chile Denunciation and Annunciation' (2003), 'River Scene' (2003), 'From Outside' (2005) and 'Returning' (2007)Non-textual Forms: Digital or Visual Products
Cofralandes: a multidimensional space for Chilean identityContributions to Conferences: Papers
Aberdeen street life and New Social Art School: Conversations with Bob Steadman and Eva MerzGet a Fucking Job. Merz, E., Steadman, B. (eds.). New Social Art School, pp. 70-79, 10 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Cultural expression as aesthetic identityContributions to Conferences: Papers
Art as a means of constructing Latin American realitiesContributions to Conferences: Other Contributions
Integrating knowledge in Chilean vocational educationChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Hacia una visión multidimensional de la formación Técnico-ProfesionalRevista Enfoques Educacionales, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 87-111Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.5354/0717-3229.2002.49049
Integración de saberes en la educación media técnico-profesionalRevista Paradigma, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 111-149Contributions to Journals: Articles
Integración de saberes en la educación media técnico-profesionalEthos Educativo, vol. 26, pp. 54-81Contributions to Journals: Articles