Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with several funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- RGU (Nirmalie Wiratunga) - AI for health behaviour change
- Philhumans (EU) (2019-2023) - Using AI to support personal health apps.
- NL4XAI (EU) (2019-2023) - Explaining AI reasoning in natural language
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5061: Engineering of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics