Areas of activity in this theme include:
- Preparation and characterisation of catalytic and photocatalytic materials
- Water purification
- Selective catalysis for fine chemicals synthesis
- Use of renewables for energy and chemicals
A strong focal point in this research area is the application of spectroscopic tools, including
- Vibrational (Raman and FTIR)
- Impedance and X-Ray absorption techniques to gain an understanding of the active solids and the processes occurring at surface during reaction.
Spectroscopic studies on practical catalysts are complemented with surface science studies of model single crystal surfaces.
Research funding from industry, EPSRC, the Royal Society and DTI.
Staff working in this theme: