Building on last year's success, which saw 600 students attend, the University of Aberdeen's long running Law Fair, taking place on Tuesday 3rd October, is set to welcome an increased number of local and national Law Firms. This event is a key part of the undergraduate and postgraduate law student calendar and is an excellent networking opportunity.
Join us on Tuesday 3rd October 2023, 11am-3pm in the Butchart Centre.
The University of Aberdeen Law Fair is designed to give students an opportunity to find out more about the types of work done by Law firms and organisations, their internships, placements and traineeships. Open to both Law students and students from other disciplines interested in a career as a lawyer, the fair provides an opportunity to speak with recruitment staff and current trainees from both local and national firms keen to recruit from the University of Aberdeen. Students of all year groups are welcome.
Unsure how to make the most of the fair?
The Careers and Employability Service are running two pre-fair seminars so you can find out how to get the best out of attending. Please sign up on Target Connect to find out how to research the companies and what questions are good questions to ask!
- Tuesday 26th September, 11-12 noon Open area, 2nd Floor AUSA Building
- Monday 2nd October, 10 - 11am, Open area, 2nd Floor AUSA Building
List of attending companies:
- DLA Piper
- Government Legal Service for Scotland
- Turcan Connell
- Law Society of Scotland
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Aberdein Considine and Co.
- Dickson Minto
- Shepherd and Wedderburn
- Faculty of Advocates
- Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie
- Hogan Lovells
- Addleshaw Goddard
- Pinsent Masons
- Raeburn, Christie, Clark & Wallace
- Gillespie Macandrew
- Scottish Young Lawyers Association
- Morton Fraser
- University of Aberdeen Law School
- Crown Office Procurator Fiscal Service
Students should sign up via this link: https://abdn.targetconnect.net/leap/event.html?id=8069&service=Aberdeen%20campus
In addition to the Law Fair, The Careers & Employability Service are running a further two events this semester:
- The part-time jobs fair – 28th of September 11 am – 2:30 pm, Science Teaching Hub. Over 20 local part-time employers are visiting campus ready to speak to our students.
- The North of Scotland Universities Fair on the 5th of October 2:30 pm – 7 pm at Aberdeen Music Hall. This is a large careers fair organised in partnership with RGU with over 60 employers attending.