Aberdeen University Research Archive (AURA) is an open access institutional repository for the University’s research outputs. It is fully integrated with the University’s Research Information System (Pure) so there is a single workflow for creating a publication and adding the full text.
- Uploading of full text research outputs through Pure
- Publication of research outputs
- Classification of research outputs by Department or School
- Keyword and browse search options
- All University of Aberdeen staff and research students
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year (except for maintenance)
All members of staff and research students can upload material to the Aberdeen University Research Archive via Pure. The research outputs published in AURA are available free of charge to anyone who has internet access.
The systems are supported by the AURA Team with upgrades and additional technical support provided by external suppliers.
The systems are available 24x7 with the exception of any periods of pre-scheduled software upgrades or system maintenance.
While we endeavour to ensure that content deposited in Aberdeen University Research Archive (AURA) does not infringe any third party property rights, or applicable UK laws should you discover content in AURA that you believe to be illegal, or infringes any of your rights, you may contact the Scholarly Communications Office (email@example.com) to request the removal of the item. Please provide the following information in writing:
- Your contact details
- Bibliographic details of the material, including the full URL
- The nature of your complaint, including but not limited to, copyright and privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation, a breach of publishers’ self-archiving policy, falsified research, plagiarism, failure to follow ethical guidelines, etc.
- If the request relates to copyright, proof that you are the rights holder or an authorised representative
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email and assess the validity. Where there are reasonable grounds for complaint, we will temporarily remove access to the item pending investigation. If the complaint is found to be legitimate the file will be permanently removed from the repository.
- First line support is provided by the AURA Team (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +44 (0)1224 274446).
- Documentation is available on the University Web pages
- You must make sure you abide by copyright and any additional licensing terms which apply to any material you upload or download from AURA. Please see our Copyright for researchers page for further guidance.
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Information Security Policy and Conditions for using IT Facilities
- The Aberdeen University Research Archive service is funded by Library, Special Collections and Museums and provided at no cost to end users.