Software Download Service
The Software download service allows you to download and install some of the software applications for which IT Services holds a site licence onto your personal PC.
- Provides downloadable installation packages of some of the software applications for which IT Services holds licences.
- Some packages are restricted by licence to certain groups of users, e.g. only staff.
- Some downloads may direct you to an external site to complete the download.
- All members of the University (staff, honorary staff, students).
- Note: Some packages are restricted by licence to certain groups of users, e.g. only staff.
This is a self-service function and so is available at any time other than during planned maintenance periods which will be advertised in advance.
Level of Service
- Availability – see Service Hours section above
- Restrictions - some of the software packages offered for download have licences that permit them to be used only by certain groups of users. For example, some may allow use only on PCs/laptops owned by the University; others might allow home use by staff but not by students.
Support and Documentation
- For a list of the software currently available via the service, please follow the appropriate link:
- Staff and PGR Students
- Undergraduate and PGT Students
- This is a self-service function – available at https://365abdn.sharepoint.com/sites/download/
- Users must comply with any conditions of use that are specific to the software they have downloaded and installed – for most packages the service displays a summary of these conditions prior to any download and the package itself may display further terms and conditions.
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Conditions for using IT Facilities.
There is no charge made by the University to download packages.