Chair in Human Nutrition
- work +44 (0)1224 437446
- work +44 (0)1224 437540
The University of Aberdeen
The Rowett Institute, office 4.056
- Web Links
Mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of obesity and type 2 diabetes
The brain represents the master coordinator of appetite and energy expenditure, employing interwoven neurological circuits to continually appraise and respond to changes in energy state.
Our research aims to discover and characterise these brain circuits using cutting edge technology with the objective of locating points within the pathway that are amenable to manipulation with manmade (drug) or natural (hormone) substances.
We also examine the impact of diet and body weight on circuit rewiring and mechanisms restore appropriate system connectivity and activity.
The ultimate aim of our research is to identify new treatments for obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Dr Peppe D'Agostino - Research fellow
- Dr Lourdes Valencia Torres - Research fellow
- Dr Cristian Olarte-Sanchez - Research fellow
- Dr Dave Lyons - Research fellow
- Dr Pablo Blanco Martinez de Morentin - Research fellow
- Dr Claudia Cristiano -Research fellow
- Dr Guenievre Roussel - Research fellow
- Miss Teodora Georgescu PhD student
- Miss Raffaella Chianese - Research assistant