The Centre for Genome Enabled Biology and Medicine provides a wide range of training opportunities in Bioinformatics, check this page regularly for details. These workshops cover a wide range of skills including an introduction to Unix, genome assembly techniques, RNA sequencing analysis, and microbial community analysis. The CGEBM have welcomed staff and student trainees from across the UK and Europe. If you live in or are visiting Aberdeen and are interested in developing skills in bioinformatics, please register for our training courses below or contact Sophie Shaw for more information.
Additionally the CGEBM support training in bioinformatics internationally including at:
- Workshop on Genomics 2014-2019, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
- ASM Microbe 2017-2019 Beginning Bioinformatics, Introduction to the Command Line workshop, USA
- Workshop on Microbiome and Transcriptome Analysis 2018, Durban, SA
- ISCD Summer School 2017, Introduction to Sequence Analysis and Algorithms, Roscoff, France
- Workshop on Microbial Genomics 2016, Harvard University, USA
Sophie Shaw, from our bioinformatics team, was delighted to have been able to support the training of a new generation of bioinformaticians in Africa at the Workshop on Microbiome and Transcriptome Analysis 2018. See the video below for more details!