Examples of online events CPD and Events Services have organised or are currently working on:
- Introduction to Offshore Decommissioning- An ECITB approved online CPD Course delivered by the National Decommissioning Centre. The first cohort of the online version of the event launched in July 2020 and was hosted via MyAberdeen and Collaborate Ultra. The course usually runs every 2 months.
- Biological Wastewater Treatment and Anaerobic Digestion: Theory, Design and Practice- This on-demand IChemE approved advanced CPD course, launched in July 2020 and is being delivered online via MyAberdeen with recorded lectures, tutorials and live-one-to-one sessions with the students.
- SLAS Virtual 2021 – having worked with the Society for Latin American Studies in 2015 to administer their conference in Aberdeen, CPD and Event Services have been asked to administer and support their virtual event in 2021. The event is anticipated to attract between 150 – 400 delegates.
- PCST2020+1 - was originally intended to take place as a face to face conference in May 2020; this had to be postponed and will now be offered as either a hybrid or fully virtual event It is anticipated to attract 600+ delegates in total in May 2021.
CPD and Events Services have previously co-ordinated or are currently working on the following events:
- Archaeological Research in Progress to be held in May 2022 at the University of Aberdeen for around 70 delegates.
- Group for Education & Museums for around 70 delegates to be hosted online or face-to-face in August 2021.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Conference in November 2019, held at P&J Live at TECA for 150 delegates.
- Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education 2019 at University of Aberdeen, an international conference for over 300 delegates.
- International Organization for the Study of the Old Testament 2019 at the University of Aberdeen and Aberdeen Music Hall, an international conference for 200 delegates.
- International Society for Fibrinolysis and Proteolysis Conference 2018, Edinburgh, a conference for 200 attendees.
- MTS IEEE Oceans ’17 Conference; for 780 delegates at AECC.
- International institute of fisheries Economies and Trade Conference 2016, a conference for 400 international delegates hosted by Sea Fish UK at AECC.
- European Health Psychology Society Conference 2016, a conference for 800 international delegates at AECC.
- European Society for Rural Sociology, a conference for 450 international delegates hosted by the James Hutton Institute.
- ICBL 2014, a conference for 150 international delegates hosted by and at RGU.
- Gut Micro 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2023 a conference for 400 international delegates, held at the AECC and P&J Live at TECA.