The Edward Wright Building opened in 1975 and houses Social Science departments, the University's own IT Services section and the Service Desk for all student and staff support.
There are also nine computer rooms here devoted to everyday student use. The building has multiple blocks and several entrances. The main entrance for accessing the computer rooms is found up the small hill behind the bridge of the Taylor Building.
The Edward Wright Building is named in recognition of the service to the university of Edward Maitland Wright BA, MA, DPhil, DSc, LLD, FRSE, Professor of Mathematics 1936-1962 and Principal 1962-1976.
The DisabledGo service provides a pan-disability access guide to this building.