Please note: Some buildings may be closed or subject to limited access. All our buildings are subject to Covid-19 physical distancing and hygiene practises.
The Meston Building is one of the largest on campus and is located near to The Sir Duncan Rice Library. With its large lecture theatres, it is frequently used by science students for their classes.
The Meston Building, originally known as the Chemistry Building, was originally opened on 17 September 1952 by Sir Robert Robinson, winner of the 1947 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his investigations on plant products of biological importance, especially the 'alkaloids'. It was renamed the Meston Building in memory of the Rt Hon Baron Meston of Agra and Dunnottar KCSI, VD, LLD Chancellor of the University 1928-1944.
The building was extended in 1968 and after extensive refurbishment was formally re-opened by Sir Donald McCallum CBE, FEng, FRSE, DL Chairman of the Scottish Sub-Committee University Grants Committee in November 1988.
The DisabledGo service provides a pan-disability access guide to this building.