Improve your productivity with healthy time management
The Pomodoro technique is a method that boosts productivity by breaking down work periods into 25-minute slices, separated by short breaks.There are six steps in the original technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3-5 minutes), then go to step 2.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15-30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
Clockwork Tomato is our recommended Pomodoro app for Android, and Flat Tomato is our recommended app for iOS.
Last updated on 06 August 2021
This resource was provided by Assistive Technology.
The Assistive Technology Team supports students and staff with a disability, learning difference, mental health or other medical condition through the use of technology and associated strategies.