BBSRC EASTBIO Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) Studentship
The programme is a partnership between the Universities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling and St Andrews; as well as SRUC, Mordun, IBiolC and the JHI. The Partnership was created in response to the establishment of BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships to provide PhD training in areas of strategic relevance to the BBSRC. The DTP scheme will provide students with excellent cross-disciplinary research training in line with the current BBSRC strategy for research support and training.
The key elements of the programme consist of:
- Structured training and mentoring programme: High-level Bioscience training (e.g. Systems Biology, Data Analysis) and Generic Skills training
- Interactive discussion groups across the partnership based upon research themes
- 3-month professional internship outside of academia
- PhD projects in laboratories run by internationally renowned scientists
- Competitive stipend at the UKRI minimum (£15,609 for 21/22), £5000 per year towards research training costs, tuition fees covered
- Attendance at EASTBIO annual symposium
More information on the programme can be found on the EASTBIO website.
Funding for these projects will cover home/UK fees (this includes EU nationals that hold UK settled or pre-settled status)
Eastbio Aberdeen PhD Projects, Programs & Scholarships
How to Apply
We are now welcoming applications for October 2023 entry. Please ensure your read the guidance below carefully before you start your application. You must contact potential supervisors to discuss the project before you apply.
After you have discussed the projects of interest to you with the project supervisors, please send the following documentation to email@example.com
As part of your application, you must also complete the EASTBIO Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Survey
- Fully completed EASTBIO Application Form. We encourage candidates to include on their application form the reasons that they are applying to EASTBIO and what interests them about this particular programme
- A copy of your transcripts of degrees to date (including interim transcripts if available, these should be in a pdf format, not provided as a link)
EASTBIO requires references from two academic/professional referees, please send send the EASTBIO Reference Form (see files above) to each of your referees and ask them to submit their completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that all required documents are sent to us before the deadline, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline - 12 noon on Monday 5th December 2022
Interviews - Online interviews are likely to be held between 6-10th February 2023 with awards made the following week.