Professor Constanze Hesse
Dipl.-Psych, Dr. rer. nat., FHEA
Memberships and Affiliations
- Neuroscience of perception and action
- Reaching and Grasping in natural and virtual environments
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Attention & Motor Control
- Multisensory Perception
Funding and Grants
- 2023-2026 Open-Research Area (ORA) (total funding ~£1m with £395,941 from ESRC to Aberdeen): "The need for unpleasant touch: Behavioural and physiological investigations into negative affective touch and how it can be used to shape interactions."
- 2021-2025 ESRC: Research Grant (£598,392): " Adventures in mirror world: Uncovering the cognitive and sensory basis for natural behaviour in virtual reality."
- 2018-2021 Leverhulme Trust: Research Grant (£200,344): "Handle with Care: Material Properties in Vision and Action Control" (PI; in collaboration with Prof Julie Harris)
- 2014-2016 Carnegie Trust: Larger Collaborative Grant (£39,752): "Memory and motor performance: Studying human grasping movements" (PI; in collaboration with Dr Gavin Buckingham)
- 2013-2015 RS Macdonald Charitable Trust (£17,950): funded project: "Residual visual-processing in hemianopia: The role of conscious vision in obstacle avoidance."
- 2009-2012 Postdoctoral research fellowship from the "Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft" (DFG, ~€60,000): "Paralysed perception: Is the ventral stream involved in visuomotor control of hand movements"
- Level 3: Perception
- Level 4: Neuropsychology of Vision & Action
Small Group teaching:
- Level 3: Perception Tutorials
- Level 3: Research practicals
Page 1 of 5 Results 1 to 10 of 50
The redundant target paradigm and its use as a blindsight-test: A meta-analytic studyCortexContributions to Journals: Articles
Action Perception in Athletes: Expertise Facilitates Perceptual DiscriminationPerceptual and Motor Skills, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 1472-1494Contributions to Journals: Articles
Crossmodal texture perception is illumination dependentMultisensory Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 75-91Contributions to Journals: Articles
Unwrapped: Readiness-to-eat in food images affects cravingsFood Quality and Preference, vol. 105, 104782Contributions to Journals: Articles
Resource limitations in bimanual pointingHuman Movement Science, vol. 83, 102939Contributions to Journals: Articles
Bimanual Grasping adheres to Weber’s Lawi-Perception, vol. 16, no. 6Contributions to Journals: Articles
Card posting does not rely on visual orientation: A challenge to past neuropsychological dissociationsNeuropsychologia, vol. 159, 107920Contributions to Journals: Articles
Perceptual uncertainty and action consequences independently affect hand movements in a virtual environmentScientific Reports, vol. 10, 22307Contributions to Journals: Articles
Decision making in slow and rapid reaching: Sacrificing success to minimize effortCognition, vol. 205, 104426Contributions to Journals: Articles
Temporal-order judgement task suggests chronological action representations in motor experts and non-expertsQuarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, vol. 73, no. 11, pp. 1879-1890Contributions to Journals: Articles