Dr Adebola spoke at a Side Event to the 67th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
Towards Closing the Gender Gap in Science, Technology and Innovation in Developing Countries: Side Event, 67th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
Dr Alvarez authored a case for 20th Anniversary of the Mexican Arbitration Centre and Moot Mexico
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Mexican Arbitration Centre (CAM) and the creation of Moot Mexico, Dr Gloria M Alvarez (Senior Lecturer in Dispute Resolution) was invited to author the first case related to a windfarm investment project under the CAM rules. The case posed challenging and relevant questions regarding...
Prof. Stephen Girvin gave a seminar on carbon-free shipping
The Centre for Commercial Law was delighted to welcome Professor Stephen Girvin, Director of the Centre for Maritime Law, National University of Singapore on 16 November 2022. Professor Girvin presented a seminar titled “Carbon-free Shipping: Contracts in Context” where he explained the forthcoming updates to the International Maritime Organisation’s International Convention...
Prof Wakui gave a seminar on regulatory challenges regarding news media and digital platforms
On 12th September 2022, Professor Masako Wakui of Kyoto University visited the Centre for Commercial Law (CCL) and offered a seminar under the title of “News media and digital platforms: regulatory challenges in Japan”. The seminar was delivered in a hybrid format, under the moderation of Dr Claudio Lombardi from the CCL and...
International Law and Technological Progress Conference held successfully at Aberdeen
On 22nd and 23rd June 2022, the Scottish International Law conference International Law and Technological Progress took place at the University of Aberdeen King’s College Centre. The event was organised by Professor Irène Couzigou, with support and contributions from Dr Edouard Fromageau, Dr Daria Shapovalova, and Nikki Pearce and her...
Professor Partain's New Legal Models focus of Kobe-Aberdeen Research Conference
On June 3rd and 4th, legal researchers from Kobe University, University of Aberdeen, Hokkaido University, Nihon University, Tokai University, and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) met to discuss the initial research findings of Professor Roy Partain (Aberdeen) into the sources, causes, and modelling of the ‘anticommons’,...
School of Law Academics participated in SCOTLIN's 1st Annual Conference
Professor Irene Couzigou, Dr Rossana Ducato, and Dr Patricia Živković attended the SCOTLIN - Scottish Law and Innovation Network 1st Annual Conference at the Stirling Highland Hotel on 21 and 22 April 2022. Dr Živković presented her most recent research in the Biometrics and Law Series. She talked about the reconceptualization of the...
Centre for Commercial Law: Research Cafe
On the 30th of March 2022, the Centre for Commercial Law (CCL) held its first in-person "Research Cafè" (Venue: Old Senate Room. Time: 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm). The Research Café was organised to provide a platform for CCL members to meet and discuss current research engagements and future ideas or...
Public Lecture on Third World Approaches to IP Law at the Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia
On the 28th of March 2022, Dr Titilayo Adebola delivered a virtual public lecture entitled “Third World Approaches to Intellectual Property Law” at the Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia, where she is a visiting lecturer. In her lecture, Dr Adebola introduced Third World Approaches to International Law (TWAIL) and underscored the contributions...
Dr Titilayo Adebola delivered a paper during a organised UNCTAD/AfCFTA Workshop
Dr Titilayo Adebola delivered a paper on the “Relationship Between Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and Competition Policies/Laws under the AfCFTA” during the UNCTAD/AfCFTA Capacity Building Workshop on Competition Policy (21 to 22 March 2022). In her paper, Dr Adebola examined monopolistic practices fostered by IPRs and measures to address these...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2023
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2023
- May There are no items to show for May 2023
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2023
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2018
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018