Coming Summer 2023 - our brand new loyalty and rewards APP, RockSalt Connect!
Information that we collect and use about you
We collect certain information or data about you when you use the app. This includes:
- We collect our RockSalt Connect customer name, email, phone number, date of birth and IP address. We also collect information about orders made using the service and information about the device you use.
We use this information for the following purposes:
- To enable RockSalt Connect to process food orders and take payments.
- To remember your details.
- To share your details and order with the RockSalt Food Court outlet that you have placed the order with.
- To record and track sales data.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To enable RockSalt Connect to provide you with special offers and relevant news, unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may opt out of receiving these communications by following instructions provided in any email or SMS text message sent.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
- Your IP address and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the app
Why we process this information, and our lawful basis
We collect and use your personal information when you register on the app, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
Our lawful bases on which the University routinely processes your personal information are
to fulfil the University’s contractual relationship with you
Disclosing your information
We will disclose your personal information to the RockSalt Connect Food Court outlet from whom you have ordered food or beverages.
We may disclose your personal information to Kappture Ltd who assist us in providing the services we offer through the RockSalt Connect platform, including; processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
Any agents or contractors used will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and appropriate contractual terms will be in place to specify what tasks they are to undertake.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, to protect against legal liability or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime. this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How long your information is kept
Your information will deleted on an annual basis.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer me periods.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our app. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites
This privacy notice only relates to information collected through our app and not to information collected offline.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a app. We use them to:
- Remember your preferences
- Measure how you use the app so it can be changed and improved
Cookies used by this site
We use this software to collect information about how you use the app. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of the users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit
- How long you spend on each page
- What you click on while you are visiting the site
We don't collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
Third party cookies
These are set by someone other than the owner of the app you are visiting. We do not have control over third party cookies. On some pages of our app, other organisations may also set their own anonymous cookies. They do this to track the success of their application, or to customise the application for you. Examples of this are when you use social-media sharing button (e.g. Facebook), the social network that has created the button may record that you have done this.
These are stored while you are browsing the app and are deleted from your device when you close your browser e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari.
These are saved on your computer and are used when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we may use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit the app
How to disable cookies
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular app. However, this may affect your experience and the functionality when using the app. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings and you can usually find these settings in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
For more information about the University processes your personal data, please see the Current Students Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about how your data is handled, please contact the Information Governance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org