MyAberdeen: Collaborate and Teams
Collaboration tools in the University's VLE
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is the web conferencing tool built-in to MyAberdeen. This is available to use on any course area for online tutorials, meetings, presentations or group working. There are options for audio, video, text chat, whiteboard, sharing desktop, upload files, polls and breakout rooms. The system is capable of handling 250 users in each event (up to 500 in webinars). Webinars can be recorded and used as a revision tool.
Please note: the recommended browser for using Collaborate is Google Chrome (Firefox from China).
Online self-help materials on Collaborate, such as eLearning Quick Guides, can be found in the Guides and Links below.
Looking for further help and support?
Help is available via the Blackboard Support Portal 24/7. From the support portal you can:
- Use live chat
- Search the knowledge base
- Create a case with Blackboard Support
Alternatively, call Blackboard UK helpline on 0800 032 3224 (or from Ireland call 1 800 413 802) – select option 3 for Collaborate support.
If you continue to encounter problems accessing Collaborate after following up on the above please contact email@example.com.
Last updated on 09 September 2021
- Join a Collaborate online session in Ultra Course View
- Join a Collaborate online session in Original Course view
- Find your way around Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (for moderators)
- Set up Collaborate in an Original course
- Set up a Collaborate Guest Link/Inviting Externals
- Creating Additional Sessions
- Sharing Ombea Files in Collaborate
- Recording Attendance in Blackboard
- Breakout Groups (TRAINING PACKAGE)
Digitally Enhanced Teaching Spaces
This resource was provided by Centre for Academic Development.
This resource was provided by the Centre for Academic Development’s eLearning Team.
The Centre for Academic Development supports staff and students across the University in teaching, learning, research and professional development. The Centre also provides a range of eLearning services, actively supporting members of staff with course delivery and learning activities.