Description of Programme
This degree will provide you with a deep understanding of the legal functions required to operate within the rapidly changing international business environment. You will gain insight into specific areas of international commercial law, which will include the regulation of financial and commercial activities within an organization, as well as international perspectives in company law.
The LLM in International Commercial Law will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to make you proficient in the complex modern-day international commercial law arena. Throughout this degree you will engage with diverse issues arising across the business and legal spectrum and will develop an enhanced understanding of a specialist area of law.
This programme is suited to recent law graduates, practicing lawyers, Government officials, in-house counsel, and legal and compliance officers.
Our staff are highly qualified and motivated academics with significant experience and knowledge of their respective fields of law. Drawing on this expertise, the Law School offers a variety of specialist international commercial and trade law courses including:
- Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship
- International Sale of Goods and Finance Law
- Corporate Governance
- Comparative and International Perspectives on Company Law
- International Arbitration Law
The programme will be taught on an intensive, block-teaching basis. Students will be given tasks and readings to complete in advance of a faculty visit, which will comprise of five days of intensive instruction.
Duration of Programme
Study timescales for the LLM will be published in Spring 2020.
A first degree in law with a degree classification of 2.1 or above in Law or a related discipline will normally be required for entry to the programme. In exceptional circumstances, applicants not having a law degree but possessing significant relevant experience may be admitted to the programme.
English Language Requirements
To study for a Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write English fluently. The minimum requirements for this degree are as follows:
Your first degree was studied in English or
- IELTS Academic: OVERALL - 6.5 with: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 6.0; Speaking - 5.5; Writing - 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: OVERALL - 90 with: Listening - 17; Reading - 21; Speaking - 20; Writing - 21
- PTE Academic: OVERALL - 62 with: Listening - 51; Reading - 54; Speaking - 51; Writing - 54
- Cambridge English Advanced & Proficiency: OVERALL - 176 with: Listening - 162; Reading - 169; Speaking - 162; Writing - 169
The tuition fee for programme is 105,000 QR.