- The University of Aberdeen School of Psychology, King's College, University of Aberdeen
- PhD (2016) Department of Psychology, University of York
- MRes (2011) Department of Psychology, University of York
- B.Sc. (2010) Department of Psychology, University of Glasgow
People readily make social judgements such as attractiveness or trustworthiness from faces. In fact, these impressions can be made as quickly as 100ms. However, the field tends to focus on the cues in faces themselves. My research aims to examine the influence of prior knowledge and associated stereotypes on these judgements. I am also interested in the idea that different photographs of the same people can give rise to different impressions and in using face images with a wide range of variability.
My research has been funded by the ARC, ESRC, British Psychological Society, Experimental Psychological Society and Brain.
- ARC Discovery Early Career Research Award (2019)
- ARC Discovery Project (DP170104602, 2017-2019; with Gill Rhodes, Romina Palermo and Andy Young)
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders Postdoc Exchange Scheme (2017)
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders Cross Program grant (2016)
- ESRC, Brain, ARC, PsyPAG, EPS and BPS assorted research, travel and dissemination funding (2009-2015)
- ESRC Student Internship (Cybercrime, Home Office, 2012-2013)
- ESRC 1+3 Studentship (University of York, 2010-2014)
- Further Info
- Honorary Research Fellow, School of Psychological Science, University of Western Australia