The University of Aberdeen has maintained its position in the top 150 universities in the world in the latest QS World University Rankings.
The University has been positioned at 141st in the world, the fourth consecutive year that the University has made the top 150 in the review.
The University remains at 4th place in Scotland and 23rd place in the UK in the survey published today, Tuesday, September 6.
Aberdeen had increased recuitment of International students, up 11 places from 68th to 57th, as well as showing improvements in faculty/student ratios, up to 195th from 211th and in citations, up 3 places to 191st.
Professor Sir Ian Diamond said: “It is fantastic to see that even in today’s increasingly competitive global education environment, we have firmly maintained our position in the top 150 universities in the world.
“Not only have we maintained a very strong position in the UK, we have also strengthened our position internationally and we clearly remain an attractive and aspirational destination for students from all over the world.
“We will continue to remain committed to pursuing research which makes a difference in our world, to bringing innovative research to market, and to excellence in teaching.”
For the thirteenth edition of the QS World University Rankings, over 70,000 academics and over 35,000 employers' reponses contributed towards the results. More than 4,300 institutions were considered and 916 overall ranked. The rankings use six performance indicators to assess institutions’ global reputation, research impact, staffing levels and international complexion.
Author: Wendy Skene
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Mar There are no items for March 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jun There are no items for June 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Aug There are no items for August 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017