The University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health was delighted to sponsor the Health Initiative of the Year award at a prestigious award ceremony last week.
The Scotland Food and Drink Excellence Awards took place on Thursday, May 22 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre and celebrated excellence across Scottish food and drink industry.
Professor Peter Morgan, Director of the Rowett Institute, was delighted to present the award to Ronan Foods for its Yi Iced Desserts.
Yi Iced Desserts is a healthy alternative to ice cream, packed with flavour and use natural ingredients. The desserts are dairy-free, gluten-free and contain no added sugar.
Professor Morgan said: “I am absolutely delighted that the Rowett Institute was the sponsor of such a fantastic award. It is important to recognise all the good work that organisations are making in a bid to create healthy foods.
“Ronan Foods faced tough competition in its category from Chilli Papas, with its fantastic entry oil-free, low fat curry mixes.
“I hope that the success of both these innovative products will inspire even more companies to explore all the different options available in healthy eating.”
With 22 award categories celebrating excellence across Scottish food and drink, the Scotland Food and Drink Excellence Awards showcased a broad spectrum of food and drink companies from across the country.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018