University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir
The University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir
The University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir is an auditioned choir comprising students and recent alumni of the University of Aberdeen. The choir specialises in contemporary music and also works closely with young conductors. They have worked with many distinguished composers including James MacMillan, Judith Weir and Morten Lauridsen, and many great conductors including Stephen Layton, Christopher Bell, James Jordan, Michael Zaugg and Ralph Allwood. They regularly tour and have visited many places including Northern Ireland, The USA, and Poland.
The Chamber Choir was delighted to sing for Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace, and for Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall at a private concert in the University of Aberdeen’s Music Department.
Exciting plans for the coming year currently include the following events, plus a Christmas recording, and a Scottish tour in Summer.
- Friday 14th to Monday 17th, Mini-Tour to Dornoch (Concert in Dornoch Cathedral Sat 15th, 3pm)
- Saturday 19th 7.30pm, Concert with Michael Zaugg, St Machar’s Cathedral (rehearsals 2pm -5pm)
- Saturday 10th 1pm – Sunday 11th 1pm, “Festival Noel” Christmas Concert in St Margaret’s Church, Braemar
- Monday 19th – Wednesday 21st, Aberdeen University Alumni Celebration of Carols, St Marylebone Parish Church, London
- Thursday 2nd 11am – 12pm, Lunchbreak Concert, Cowdray Hall, Aberdeen
- Additional events in the Summer term will be confirmed nearer the time.
An audition slot can be booked here. https://calendly.com/uoachoirs/auditions
Singers are welcome to audition for both the Chamber and Chapel choirs at the same audition.
We rehearse on Tuesday evenings 8pm to 10pm in the King’s Pavilion. The first rehearsal is planned for Tuesday 27th September.
If you have any questions, please email our conductor Sam Paul, at email@example.com