If you wish the University of Aberdeen and/or NHS Grampian to sponsor your study, you should contact the Research Governance Team as early as possible. Research Governance will offer advice where required on protocol development, therefore early contact is advisable.
Please note: Research Governance require a minimum of 6 weeks for all new study reviews.
All documents should be sent as Word documents to enable the sponsor to track changes. All documents must be version controlled and dated. All documents submitted for sponsorship (and prior to approval) should be in draft version.
Sponsorship must be obtained prior to submission for ethics approval or to local R&D departments for management permission. Written evidence of sponsorship is required before your application is progressed.
It is strongly recommended that the sponsor templates are used to allow for a timely and efficient review. Templates can be downloaded here.
- Completed IRAS Forms (submitted to Sponsor as full dataset PDF document)
- Data Protection Impact Assessment evaluation form - available here
- Organisation Information Document (NEW) - templates available here and guidance document available here
- SOECAT or Schedule of Events - All studies, except single centre NHS Grampian. Templates and guidance available on IRAS help
- Any adverts
- Patient Information Sheet
- Informed Consent Forms
- GP letter
- Any patient recorded outcomes
- Diary cards
- CVs and GCP certificates
- Evidence of peer review
- Evidence of funding
- Student projects: Written confirmation (e.g. email) from an academic supervisor that all study documents have been reviewed prior to sponsor submission.
- Investigator Brochure or SMPC for studies involving drugs.
You must not assume that the University of Aberdeen and/or NHS Grampian will sponsor your study until your project has been risk assessed and you have received confirmation on the sponsorship arrangements for the study from the Research Governance Team.
Please send all sponsorship applications and queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org