The Public Affairs team assists academics in creating public policy impact on a devolved, UK and European Union level.
Political engagement is vital for promoting evidence-based policy and ensuring the impact of the University’s world leading research.
- What is it?
Political engagement can include meetings with stakeholders, submissions to committee inquiries and government consultations and briefings ahead of relevant parliamentary debates Where appropriate, we integrate our activities with broadcast, print, and social media opportunities.
- What do we do?
We work closely with the Universities Policy Engagement Network and Scottish Policy and Research Exchange, which provide additional opportunities for public policy engagement.
- Is there training available?
The Public Affairs team provides support, training and advice on all of the above.
Community and Regional Engagement
In support of the Aberdeen 2040 Strategy and the University of Aberdeen’s role as a key North East of Scotland ‘Anchor Institution’, the Community and Regional Engagement service supports colleagues to work in partnership with stakeholder communities locally, regionally and nationally to harness and share institutional knowledge, resources, events and campus facilities to make a positive difference across the region.
We work with colleagues across the University to:
- serve as the interface between the University and communities and partner organisations
- signpost community and wider stakeholder enquiries to the right staff member, team or university community group
- match university colleagues with key external partners
- produce the University’s bi-monthly external stakeholder newsletter 'Civic News', showcasing the breadth and depth of learning, teaching and research activities and achievements across the institution,
Contact email@example.com for more information.