Participating in research as an undergraduate provides an excellent perspective into how clinical problems may be addressed through research. Students interested in research and education are encouraged to seek opportunities to engage in active research programmes.
- Previous Research Projects
- Molecular mechanisms of Staphylococcus aureus resistance to a potential repurposed anti-bacterial compound, Mhairi McGowan, 2019
- Clinical factors associated with poor response to first line treatment in oral lichen planus, Mairi Cameron, 2019
- Silver diamine fluoride use in children with dental problems: A literature review, Izabela Wojslaw, 2019
- Advances in Head and neck Immunotherapy - Characterization of CTLA-4 expression in head and neck cancer cell lines, Rory Maciver, 2019
- The effectiveness of digital prep-analysis technology in teaching dental clinical skills: A Systematic Review of the Literature, Chloe Horsfall, 2019
- Can dental student learning be enhanced using peer assessment? A review of the literature, Nishu Chhantyal, 2019
- An audit investigating the referrals to a hospital based paediatric department. Kelvin Onyinah, 2018
- The association between trigeminal neuralgia and multiple sclerosis - a review, Vlad-Costin Iliescu, 2018
- The role of Staphylococcus aureus in the oral cavity, Shirleen Hallang, 2018
- A Digital Teaching Aid in Clinical Skills Training in Dentistry, Owens Iguodala, 2018
- Video based peer supported learning amongst graduate entry dental students. Jonathan Lane, 2017.
- Review of risk factors for metal plate removal following bilateral sagittal split osteotomy. Samuel Kent, 2017.
- The role of regulatory CD4 T cells in head and neck cancer.
Caoimhin O'Higgins, 2017.
- Oral Health in young adults (18-25 year olds): A Systematic Review. Owens Iguodala, 2017.
- Determinants of OHQoL in older adults living in care homes: A Systematic Review. Mhairi McGowan, 2017.
- A comparison of central incisor shape and maxillary arch form in patients attending the university of Aberdeen dental school.
Ross Yule, 2017.
- A Comparison of Periodontal Health in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease versus Controls. Natalie Miller, 2016.
- Survival Rates of Teeth Treated with Bacterial Photodynamics Treatment during Disinfection of the Root Canal system.
Jonathan Lane, 2016.
- The Relationship between Orofacial and Cervical Fascial Networks and the Mediastinum in the Context of Spread of Infection.
Caoimhin O’Higgins, 2016.
- Designing for safety: A systematic review of swallowed and aspirated dentures. Samuel Kent, 2016.
- The Effect of Lower Third Molar on Anterior Crowding.
Conan Gavan and Ayesha Ahmad, 2016.
- Full Veneer Crown Preparation Taper Achieved by Dental Students: systematic review and laboratory analysis of available models from a UK dental school. Kenneth Strain, 2015-16.
- Oral Hygiene Habits and Prevalence of Dental Caries in Children living in Rural Tanzania. Clare Lowe, 2015.
- A Decade of Referrals to a Restorative Dentistry Department: reasons, associated factors and treatment prescribed. Michal Kawecki, 2014
- The Palatal Rugae in Scottish Population. Daria Urbaniak, 2014.
Maternal Periodontal Disease and its effect on preterm and low birth weight outcomes in infants – a systematic review. Rohini Mukerji, 2013.
Demineralization of tooth enamel (White Spot Lesions) following fixed appliance orthodontic treatment. Kim-Weng Tan, 2012.
For further guidance please contact Dr Ekta Gupta, BDS Undergraduate Research Coordinator.