Join us for a week of events celebrating diversity and inclusion!
In partnership with Unite, Unison, UCU and the Aberdeen University Students Association, the University has organised a packed schedule of events to open discussions on inclusion and celebrate the diversity of the University and the local community.
The week of events launches on Monday 4 March 2019, with an opening address from the Principal, Professor George Boyne, and an inspiring keynote speech from Charlie Martin whose achievements and ambitions will offer food for thought.
There are plenty of events to engage with – go to the Eventbrite page to find out the details and to book your place. As a taster, these are some of the activities on offer:
- finding out about religious and faith cultures at Around the World in Many Faiths
- enhancing your skillset by learning some basic British Sign Language
- hearing from colleagues at Foresterhill about how they have overcome obstacles to achieve career success
- finding out if mindfulness can help to improve your wellbeing
- engaging with table discussions designed to support you at work or while studying
- participating in a Workout for your Mind
- discovering how unconscious bias may be limiting your potential.
Look forward to seeing you at the events!