Support Services

Support Services

We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive living environment, where equality is promoted and diversity is valued. There are a number of support services available to you during your time at University, these are listed below.

Student Resident Assistant Team

A team of Student Resident Assistants (SRAs) are based at the Hillhead Student Village and are there to deliver a positive and welcoming experience to all residents. The team plan activities and events in the Community Centre, which can be viewed in the student event page or on the Accommodation Facebook page

You can go to the SRA team with any concerns you might have - homesickness, exam worries, relationship or family problems, tensions between flatmates or simply if you need someone to talk to. They provide friendly advice and point you in the direction of appropriate support services. 

The team work every evening during term time and you can also contact the Student Advice & Support team during the day to discuss any concerns.


Student Advice and Support Service

The Student Advice and Support team offers impartial and confidential advice and support on a range of issues, including finance, disabilities and specific learning differences, mental health and wellbeing.

If you require support or wish to speak with a Student Support Adviser please email or call 01224 293935.  You can arrange to speak with an Adviser via phone, Teams or in-person. You can also pop in to see the team in the Student Union Building, between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Student Disability Service

Part of the Student Advice and Support team, the Disability Team provides advice, information and practical study-related support to prospective and current students who have sensory and physical impairments, mental health conditions, long-term health conditions, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)/Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Dyslexia and other specific learning differences (SpLD), students who have a stammer, and students who have an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).

Student Peer Support

Support from your fellow students who have been where you are now! Transition to life at university is a very exciting one, but it can also be challenging and demanding at times. 

Peer Support offers you the opportunity to get support, advice and help with your studies from students who have been in the same position as you. They are able to share their experiences with you, and provide a safe space where you can ask questions at any time throughout your year.