Dr Srinivas Sriramula
Srinivas is currently a Reader in the School of Engineering at the University of Aberdeen. He has joined as a Lecturer in August 2009, before becoming a Senior Lecturer in August 2017. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher (Oct 2006 - July 2009) at the University of Surrey working on CREDO (Composites Reliability from Engineering Design Optimisation) project.
Srinivas received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras focusing on Copula based Simulations for Engineering systems. He has a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from MNNIT and was awarded the Sir. Arthur Cotton Gold Medal (2000) by Nagarjuna University, India for securing highest marks in B.Tech (Civil Engineering).
Programme Co-ordinator for
• MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering
Graduated PhD students
• Navid Vosooghi, Rogue Lateral Buckle Initiation in HPHT Subsea Pipelines, 2022; Primary Supervisor: Prof Ana Ivanovic.
• Peter Hyman, Structural behaviour and reliability-based design of prestressed stayed columns, 2021; Primary Supervisor: Dr Israel Osofero.
• Sadik Omairey, Efficient Multi-scale Reliability Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Composites, 2020; Primary Supervisor: Dr Peter Dunning.
• Reza Aulia, Dynamic reliability analysis for pipeline performance prediction, 2020.
• Alexandre Morató Casademunt, Reliability of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures, 2019.
• Mohammad Hedyati, Reliability of Blast Wall Structures, 2019.
• Susmita Naskar, Spatial variability characterization of laminated composites, 2018.
• Siamak Alizadeh, Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems, 2018.
• Abayomi Obisesan, Stochastic Damage Modelling of Ship-Ship and Ship-Iceberg collisions, 2017.
• Usman Abubakar, Stochastic Approaches for Process Performance Modelling, 2014.
- Fellow, Safety and Reliability Society.
- Reviewer for various learned journals.
Prizes and Awards
- Success in Engagement with Industry Award 2021, Principal's Excellence Awards, University of Aberdeen.
- Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Postgraduate) 2015, College of Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
- System safety and reliability modelling.
- Sustainable infrastructure for energy transition.
- Risk based inspection and asset management of engineering structures.
- Stochastic multi-scale mechanics and experimental characterisation of FRP composites.
- Machine learning for stochastic spatial variability representation of engineering systems.
- Stochastic finite elements, reliability based optimal design of structures, and related fields.
Page 1 of 9 Results 1 to 10 of 84
Response Surface based Reliability Analysis of Critical Lateral Buckling Force of Subsea PipelinesMarine StructuresContributions to Journals: Articles
Advances in corrosion monitoring of reinforced concrete using active and passive sensing approachesThe Rise of Smart Cities. Alavi, A. H., Feng, M. Q., Jiao, P., Sharif-Khodaei, Z. (eds.). Elsevier, pp. 407-429, 23 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters (Peer-Reviewed)
Scaling Effect on the Behaviour and Design of Prestressed Stayed Steel ColumnsJournal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series AContributions to Journals: Articles
The Effect of Matrix Property Smoothing on the Reliability of Fibre-Reinforced CompositesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Machine learning based integrity decision management of pipeline corrosion clustersChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Rogue Lateral buckle Initiation at Subsea PipelinesApplied Ocean Research, vol. 117, 102899Contributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability and cost estimation for maintenance planning of oil and gas assetsChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Multi-scale Reliability-Based Design Optimisation Framework for Fibre-Reinforced Composite LaminatesEngineering Computations Journal, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 1241-1262Contributions to Journals: Articles
Uncertainty modeling in reliability analysis of floating wind turbine support structuresRenewable Energy, vol. 165, no. Part 1, pp. 88-108Contributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability-centered maintenance and cost optimization for offshore oil and gas componentsContributions to Journals: Conference Articles