Dr Hossein Hamidi
383 Fraser Noble Building, School of Engineering, King's College, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 3UE, Scotland, UK
- Programme Leader for BEng/MEng Petroleum Engineering
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Faculty Advisor
- Petroleum Engineering Lab Coordinator
A new explicit sequentially coupled technique for chemo-thermo-poromechanical modelling and simulation in shale formationsEnergies, vol. 16, no. 3, 1543Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/en16031543
The Utilization of Ultrasound for Improving Oil Recovery and Formation Damage Remediation in Petroleum Reservoirs: Review of Most Recent ResearchesEnergies, vol. 15, no. 13, 4906Contributions to Journals: Articles
Effects of reservoir rock pore geometries and ultrasonic parameters on the removal of asphaltene deposition under ultrasonic wavesUltrasonics sonochemistry, vol. 83, 105949Contributions to Journals: Articles
Minimizing formation damage in drilling operations: A critical point for optimizing productivity in sandstone reservoirs intercalated with clayEnergies, vol. 15, no. 1, 162Contributions to Journals: Articles
Recent Applications of Ultrasonic Waves in Improved Oil Recovery: A Review of Techniques and ResultsUltrasonics, vol. 110, 106288Contributions to Journals: Articles
- Drilling Engineering design
- Drilling fluid design
- Drilling automation
- Formation damage
- Application of ultrasonic waves in IOR/EOR
- Pore scale investigation on oil mobilization in porous media
Funding and Grants
- "Artificial Intelligence Well Design", £157k, Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC), 2018-2019, (Co-PI).
- “Application of ultrasound radiation for prevention and removal of scale around the wellbore in oil and gas reservoirs” £49k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2018-2021, (PI).
- “Effect of high frequency waves on formation damage reduction” £69k, TETFund, 2018-2021 (PI).
- “A Development of environmentally friendly drilling fluids customized for Nigerian oil and gas fields” £49k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2018-2021, (PI).
- “A study of rock-fluid interaction processes in porous media causing formation damages” £67k Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2017-2020 (PI).
- SPE Faculty Enhancement Travel Grant-North Sea Region, $1,000, (2016).
- “Well control and drilling efficiency in unconventional layered reservoirs” £62k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2016-2019 (PI).
- “Well Design and Integrity in Unconventional Shale Formations” £15k. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2016-2019 (Co-PI).
- EG50T6/EG551W: Well & Production Engineering (MSc)
- EG5562: Facilities Engineering (MSc)
- EG5072/EG501F: Offshore Oil and Gas Production Systems (MSc)
- EG551R: Field Development and Petroleum Economics (MSc)
- EP3597: Petroleum Engineering Design (BEng)
- EG5565: BEng & MEng Group Design
Page 3 of 5 Results 21 to 30 of 47
CO2 sequestration using red gypsum via pH-swing process: Effect of carbonation temperature and NH4HCO3 on the process efficiencyInternational Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 169, pp. 27-34Contributions to Journals: Articles
Chemo-Thermo-Poromechanical Wellbore Stability Modelling Using Multi-Component Drilling FluidsChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
- [ONLINE] https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-187627-MS
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/187627-MS
- [ONLINE] View publication in Scopus
Geological interpretation of channelized heterolithic beds through well test analysisJournal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 158, pp. 516-528Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2017.08.078
- [OPEN ACCESS] http://aura.abdn.ac.uk/bitstream/2164/11043/1/Revised_Manuscript.pdf
Effects of ultrasonic waves on carbon dioxide solubility in brine at different pressures and temperaturesPetroleum Science, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 597-604Contributions to Journals: Articles
Experimental Investigation of Interfacial Tension Measurement and Oil Recovery by Carbonated Water Injection: A Case Study Using Core Samples from an Iranian Carbonate Oil ReservoirEnergy & Fuels, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 2740-2748Contributions to Journals: Articles
Ultrasound-Assisted CO2 Flooding to Improve Oil RecoveryUltrasonics sonochemistry, vol. 35, no. Part A, pp. 243-250Contributions to Journals: Articles
Experimental study on stability and rheological properties of aqueous foam in the presence of reservoir natural solid particlesColloids and Surfaces. A, Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 509, pp. 19-31Contributions to Journals: Articles
The Application of Robotic Drilling Systems in Extreme EnvironmentsChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/180603-MS
Feasibility Study of Robotic Drilling System Applications in Arctic ConditionsContributions to Conferences: Papers
The effect of ultrasonic waves on the phase behavior of a surfactant-brine-oil systemColloids and Surfaces. A, Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 482, pp. 27-33Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2015.04.009
- [OPEN ACCESS] http://aura.abdn.ac.uk/bitstream/2164/7652/1/3.docx
- [OPEN ACCESS] http://aura.abdn.ac.uk/bitstream/2164/7652/2/Figures1.docx
- [ONLINE] View publication in Scopus