Lead Go Abroad Officer (Outgoing)
I have spent the majority of my professional working life in the Higher Education sector, mainly in marketing, student recruitment and international exchange roles.
After graduating with a BA (German & Italian) from the University of Strathclyde in 2003, I worked initially in the private sector before joining Robert Gordon University as an Erasmus Administrator. During my 5+ years in that role, I studied part time for an MSc International Marketing Management and then moved across to their marketing team. After a brief time in the legal sector, I joined the University of Aberdeen in 2019 as Marketing Officer in the School of Law.
In 2023 I accepted an opportunity to return to the field of international education and currently head up the Go Abroad team looking after outgoing student mobility. Having studied overseas during my own degree, and having witnessed the developmental benefit brought to many students I've dealt with over the years, I firmly believe in the academic, personal and professional value of overseas work and study opportunities.
Outside of work I enjoy fitness, cooking and art (on the rare occasion I find the time). I live with my husband and two children in Aberdeenshire.
BA (Hons) German & Italian, Language & Literature (2003)
MSc International Marketing Management, Robert Gordon University (2013)
SQA Modern Apprenticeship/Diploma In Digital Marketing (2021)
Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management (2022)
Prizes and Awards
I have been a lead or key team member working on the following projects:
- HEIST Award 2014, Best Community/Business Engagement Category 2014 (Offshore Europe) - Silver Winner
- HEIST Award 2020, Best Postgraduate Student Recruitment Campaign 2020 (See Law from Different Perspectives) - Silver Winner
- FindaUniversity 2021 Postgraduate Awards, Best Postgraduate Marketing & Student Recruitment Campaign (See Law from Different Perspectives) - Highly Commended
- Herald Higher Education Awards 2021, Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year (See Law from Different Perspectives) - Shortlisted
- Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce Northern Star Awards 2021, Marketing Magic (See Law from Different Perspectives) - Finalist