Dr Filipa Da Silva Fernandes is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance at the University of Aberdeen. Prior to joining the University of Aberdeen in 2018, Filipa was a Lecturer in Finance at Coventry University, UK.
Filipa obtained a PhD in Finance from the University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School (Department of Economics) in 2016. Filipa also holds an MSc in Finance and a BSc in Economics from the University of the Algarve, Faculty of Economics.
- BSc Economics2008 - University of Algarve, Faculty of Economics
- MSc Finance2011 - University of Algarve, Faculty of Economics
- PhD Finance2016 - University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School, Economics department
- FHEA Fellow of the Higher Education Academy2018 - Higher Education Academy
- Postgraduate Research Director in Finance
- Personal Tutor
Financial Economics, Corporate Finance and Banking
I am currently accepting PhDs in Finance.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your research ideas further.
My research involves financial economics with a particular focus on firms' financial decisions under financial frictions.
- FI1004: Finance, Risk and Investment (UG)
- FI2004: Business Finance 2 (UG)
- P02508: Understanding Statistics (UG)
- BU5565:Empirical Methods in Finance Research (PG)
Previously taught courses
- Financial Strategy and Investment Management (UG)
- Principles of Financial Investment (UG)
- Introduction to Business Economics (UG)
- Introduction to Statistics (UG)
- Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance (PG)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (PG)
- Advanced Portfolio Analysis (PG)
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 5 of 5
Forecasting government bond spreads with heuristic models: evidence from the Eurozone peripheryAnnals Of Operations Research, vol. 282, no. 1-2, pp. 1-32Contributions to Journals: Articles
Revisiting Fama–French factors' predictability with Bayesian modelling and copula‐based portfolio optimizationInternational Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1443-1463Contributions to Journals: Articles
Cash holdings of listed and unlisted firms: new evidence from the euro areaEuropean Journal of Finance, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 1708-1729Contributions to Journals: Articles
On the Real Effect of Financial Pressure: Evidence From Firm‐Level Employment During the Euro‐Area CrisisOxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 617-646Contributions to Journals: Articles
Two-stage DEA-truncated regression: Application in banking efficiency and financial developmentExpert Systems with Applications, vol. 96, pp. 284-301Contributions to Journals: Articles