Chair in Computing Science.
Department of Computing Science
University of Aberdeen
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Internal Memberships
- Research ethics
- External Memberships
- Chair of ACL Special Interest Group on Generation (SIGGEN)
- member of EPSRC peer review college
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Francesco Moramarco
- Jaime Sevilla
- Barkavi Sundararajan
- Iniakpokeikiye Thompson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
- Craig Thomson
- Sameen Maruf (Monash)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I try to tweet CLAN information on @EhudReiter. Feel free to subscribe, most of my tweets are relevant to NLG research. Similarly my blog (ehudreiter.com) is mostly about NLG research.
I am helping with funded projects at other universities:
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
Funding and Grants
- Philhumans (EU) (2019-2023) - Using AI to support personal health apps.
- NL4XAI (EU) (2019-2023) - Explaining AI reasoning in natural language
- ReproHum (EPSRC) (2021-2023) - Investigating Reproducibility of Human Evaluations in Natural Language Processing
- CS5063: Engineering and Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
Page 14 of 15 Results 131 to 140 of 144
SumTime-Turbine: A knowledge-based system to communicate gas turbine time-series dataDevelopments in Applied Artificial Intelligence. Chung, P. W. H., Hinde, C., Ali, M. (eds.). Springer-Verlag, pp. 379-384, 6 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Summarizing neonatal time series dataChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
- [ONLINE] View publication in Scopus
Human Variation and Lexical ChoiceComputational Linguistics, vol. 28, pp. 545-553Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/089120102762671981
Cost effectiveness of computer tailored and non-tailored smoking cessation letters in general practice: randomised controlled trialBritish Medical Journal, vol. 322, no. 7299, pp. 1396-1400Contributions to Journals: Articles
- [ONLINE] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.322.7299.1396
An approach to generating summaries of time series data in the gas turbine domainChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Modelling the Task of Summarising Time Series Data using KA TechniquesApplications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems IX. Macintosh, A., Moulton, M., Preece, A. (eds.). Springer-Verlag, pp. 183-196, 14 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Using a randomised controlled clinical trial to evaluate an NLG systemChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Building Natural-Language Generation SystemsCambridge University PressBooks and Reports: Books
Pipelines and size constraintsComputational Linguistics, vol. 26, pp. 251-259Contributions to Journals: Articles
Types of knowledge required to personalise smoking cessation lettersArtificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol. 1620, pp. 389-399Contributions to Journals: Articles