Team Aberdeen University Racing (TAU Racing) enjoyed a successful Formula Student competition at Silverstone at the weekend, finishing first in Scotland and tenth in the UK in the student motorsport event.
The team of motorsport enthusiasts, who designed and manufactured their own car, came 45th in the competition overall, out of 112 teams from countries as far afield as Iceland, America, India and Australia.
The four-day event, which is organised by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) challenges teams to design, manufacture and race a single seat race car, while testing their business, cost and design skills in a number of other related events.
Tom Morrice, TAU Racing's Co-Project Manager, said: “TAU Racing is thrilled to have placed first in Scotland and tenth in the UK out of 112 teams in this year’s Formula Student competition.
“In addition to placing first in Scotland, our business team achieved fourth place in an extremely competitive Business Presentation final with a superb presentation.
“Meanwhile, our eco-challenge team successfully completed a series of eco-driving challenges and reclaimed the Bosch Eco Challenge trophy for the fourth year in a row.
“Overall this is a great achievement for the team, who have put in a huge amount of effort over the year. We are all extremely proud of our performance and we are looking forward to returning to Silverstone next year with the aim of claiming more trophies.
“We would like to thank all of our sponsors, supporters, our Faculty Adviser and the University of Aberdeen workshop staff, all of whom have played a huge part in our success in this year’s competition.”
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018