Student motorsport enthusiasts from the University of Aberdeen are gearing up for a trip to Silverstone to compete in the annual Formula Student competition.
At a launch event held at the Sir Duncan Rice Library last night (Thursday), Team Aberdeen University Racing (TAU Racing) unveiled the race car that will compete in the international event, which is held from the 14th - 17th of July.
Every year, TAU Racing design and manufacture a single seat race car to compete in Formula Student, which is organised by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Last night’s event gave students, staff and sponsors the chance to admire the vehicle that the team hope will help them improve on last year’s performance.
Heather Watson, TAU Racing Secretary, said: “TAU Racing placed 32nd in last year’s competition out of over 100 teams and we’re committed to achieving a higher finish at this year’s event.
“Following a strong recruitment drive this year, we have gained lots of new members from a range of academic years and there are now approximately 40 team members, which has helped us to prepare.
“Like last year, we have dedicated a large amount of time preparing and practicing for the static events, which saw the team come first in the Cost, Manufacturing and Sustainability category.
“This is in addition to the many hours we have spent on the design and manufacture of this year’s car, which we are confident will help us maximise our overall performance and achieve competitive timings on the track.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018