An Aberdeen fungal infection expert has been elected to the prestigious Fellowship of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
Professor Gordon Brown, Director of the MRC Centre for Medical Mycology at the University of Aberdeen, along with the other Fellows, has been elected for his contribution to medical research and healthcare, the generation of new knowledge in medical sciences and its translation into benefits to society.
This year's elected Fellows have expertise that spans paediatrics, genetics, neuroscience and oncology among many.
Professor Sir Robert Lechler PMedSci, President of the Academy of Medical Sciences said: "These new Fellows represent the amazing diversity of talent and expertise among the UK medical research community. Through their election to the Fellowship, we recognise the outstanding contributions these individuals have made to the progress of medical science and the development of better healthcare.
"Thanks to the experience and expertise of its Fellows, the Academy can play a crucial role in addressing the great medical challenges of our time, such as maintaining health in an ageing population, the spread of non-communicable diseases and multiple morbidities.
"We work with our Fellowship to create the essential connections between academia, industry and the NHS and beyond, to strengthen biomedical research and facilitate its translation into benefits for society.
"We are delighted to welcome this year’s new Fellows to the Academy and I look forward to working with them all in the future."
The new Fellows will be formally admitted to the Academy at a ceremony on the 29th June 2016.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018