University of Aberdeen Vice-Principal Dame Anne Glover DBE has been appointed to the Board of the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult as a Non-Executive Director.
The Vice Principal for External Affairs and Dean for Europe takes over from Baroness Helen Liddell of Coatdyke, who has stepped down from the Board following a three year term.
ORE Catapult was established in 2013 by the UK Government and is one of a number of Catapults set up by Innovate UK in high growth industries. It is the UK’s flagship technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy.
Commenting on her appointment, Professor Glover said: “One of the most exciting prospects we face is to harness renewable energy. For this reason, I am delighted to join the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult. Any new technology poses both challenges and opportunities and the ORE Catapult is the catalyst to procure and harness knowledge, engage industry large and small and to accelerate the delivery of sustainable energy options. I greatly look forward to contributing to that process.”
ORE Catapult Chairman Colin Hood commented, “I am extremely pleased to welcome Dame Anne to ORE Catapult’s Board. Her considerable experience of science, technology and innovation, and of shaping both UK and European policy, will prove invaluable at a critical time for the offshore renewables industry as we seek to drive technology innovation to lower the cost of energy from the UK’s extensive offshore renewable resources.”
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018