The University of Aberdeen has been included in the top 40 of an influential list that ranks the world's best 200 universities in terms of international outlook.
Times Higher Education (THE) has ranked the University as 37th in their list of the world’s 200 ‘most international universities’, making it the second highest Scottish university to be included in the rankings.
The list ranks each institution on the basis of student diversity and the extent of its global academic collaborations, areas in which the University has been judged to have performed strongly.
Welcoming the latest THE rankings, University of Aberdeen Principal, Professor Sir Ian Diamond, said:
“I am delighted that the University has been ranked as 37th in the Times Higher Education list of the world’s top 200 most international universities, making us the second highest University in Scotland to be included in the list.
“This is great news for the University, and highlights the progress we are making in an increasingly competitive global education environment.
“The University has a strong tradition of welcoming students from across the world, with a diverse student and staff population covering 120 nationalities.
“We also enjoy a number of collaborations with leading international universities which is helping to drive our world-renowned research and teaching activity.
“Our inclusion in the latest THE rankings is testament to the efforts of all of those at the University who are working so hard to enhance our global reputation as a University at the forefront of teaching and research.”
Phil Baty, Editor of the THE rankings, said: “An institution’s global outlook is one of the key markers of a prestigious university. The top institutions hire faculty from all over the world, attract students from a global market of top talent and collaborate with leading departments wherever they happen to be based.
“It is great news for all the institutions in the list of the most international universities in the world. It is a sign of great potential, competitiveness and dynamism.”
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018