The University of Aberdeen has again successfully retained a nationally recognised award for excellence in supporting researcher career development.
The HR Excellence in Research badge is awarded by the European Commission in association with Vitae – the UK’s overarching body for researcher development.
The award demonstrates the University’s commitment to improving the working conditions and career development for research staff. It also reflects the quality of the research environment to deliver excellent and high impact research that is of benefit to society and the economy.
Professor Phil Hannaford, Vice Principal for Research and Knowledge Exchange commented: “High quality research begins with excellent researchers and we continue to work hard to ensure we create an environment that enables our researchers to thrive."
Dr Lucy Leiper, of the University’s Centre for Academic Development, who led the review, said: “We’re delighted that the University has secured HR Excellence in Research award. This award reaffirms the University’s commitment to supporting researcher skills and career development at all levels.
In achieving the award, the University had to demonstrate robust implementation plans to improve how they attract, manage and develop research staff as recommended in the UK Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers endorsed by major funders and research councils.
Debbie Dyker, Director of HR added “Retaining this award demonstrates our commitment to career development and the Concordat through the excellence in the policies and practice we implement.”
Staff and students interested in the opportunities provided through the Researcher Development within the Centre for Academic Development can visit www.abdn.ac.uk/develop where full details of the review are also available.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018