Student athletes from the University of Aberdeen struck gold, silver and bronze at the annual British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Nationals, held in Sheffield at the weekend.
The University’s medal haul included three golds, a silver and a bronze, with golds going to track star Zoey Clark in the final of the women’s 200m race and Jonty Brown in the final of the individual rifle competition.
Zoey also won bronze in the 60-metre sprint, while Alison Wilson won silver in the Judo final. In the novice Judo men’s category Michal Varga won gold in the under-73kg category, and Peter Pearson bronze in the under-66kg category.
Around 6000 students participated in the three-day event, which is in its third year. Athletes from the University put in strong performances across a range of other sports, included badminton, karate, fencing and swimming.
Marc McCorkell, AUSA President for Sport, said: “The BUCS Nationals is the highlight of a student athlete’s year and has grown to be the largest annual multisport event in the UK. With three golds, a silver and a bronze, the University of Aberdeen has put in its best performance yet.”
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018